Saturday, March 01, 2008

Gadget-God

There is some God up there, in charge of all gadgets and electric thingies who does not like me. We never got along, them electric gadgets and I. it all started when I was in my first year of engineering. We were supposed to write programs in the lab as practical assignments and then take printouts of the same. It was one of those dot printer LX-something-something. It used to print everybody else's programs properly, sometimes even extra dark. But the moment it was my turn something would khiskao its silly brain and it would stop working. Sometimes the ribbon was screwed, sometimes the paper would get jammed and most of the times the problem was unexplainable. It would just stop. Phhooossshh… a noise like that and there you go. Nothing and I mean NOTHING could make it work. And then the printer and PC at home started acting up. Just getting hung for no rhyme or reason and behaving in general very difficult.

This week after all my gadgets (no re, not those gadgets!) stopped working I started thinking. Cell, laptop, earphones, T.V… you name it and it's frigging not working! Then I realized that there is some force that can't be reckoned with: some God up there who just does not like me! Kiki says that there is nothing like a Gadget-God and that I am plain simple electronic-gadget-illiterate! But I beg to differ, and have decided that I am going to donate a mouse (the electric variety and not the animal variety) or something like that (am still trying to locate a temple of Gadget-God) so that my bad luck goes away and he likes me again.

And if that doesn't work out, then I'm going to hire a gadget-manager who can manage all my thingies (as in GADGETS!) for me! Someone, who knows how to talk their talk and walk their really irritating walk. I know that would be conning them, not really letting them know that it's my work being done, but I guess they leave me no choice.

Until next time…

8 comments:

..:: J ::.. said...

happen to be slightly lucky with those gadgets, if you have an opening, i'll send in my résumé....

cute n confused said...

LOL!
do so, but after 1 yr, wen i'm earning so i can pay!!
:D

..:: J ::.. said...

thats ok, i can adjust the earnings in the next financial year. for now we could work out some kind of unpaid internship, i could use the work experience

cute n confused said...

ok congratulations: ur hired!
assignment one: pen drive. i ball. 2 months old.one fine day (as usual) stopped getting detected as a pen drive and started gettin detected as a new CD. the moment i insert it into the jack i get a pop-up that says: "drive not formatted. format now?" i click on ok. thn the darn laptop( stupid thing) says (beat this!) "cant be formatted!" (thn why did it ask me in the first place!!)
some tinkering in dos revealed that it is write protected so cant format.additioal info gained frm tinkering in dos: file sys has changed to RAW.
(Note: no it does not have a write protect on/off switch.)
so now tell me: short of throwing this pen drive and buying a new one wht do i do!!!

..:: J ::.. said...

your pen drive has a 1 year warranty, so unless u actually hit it with a hammer or any other physical damage, you should be able to get it replaced.

Before that try to use the drive on any other computer. I have had friends at work who had the same problem but when they used the drive on other computers, they were able to format the drive.

Good luck!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

gadget gods?
no there isn't a gadget god. everyone is just technologically challenged...
those dot-matrix printers trouble everyone...except the railway ticketing staff for some reason!

cute n confused said...

ajay(can i call u tht? or shld i stick to .::J::.)-> i had thought of doing the same thing and did it too!
biki->i swear!!! those god-awful things i tell u! this provres one thing:all railway conter staff are aliens and can communicate with the god-awful (sorry for repeating but i really feel strongly abt this!) things!
:D

..:: J ::.. said...

call me what suits you, and if you haven't actually damaged the drive, just get it replaced!

and as for the Dot matrix printers at the station, that is a social evil. if you try to print more than 3 tickets at a time, they start eating the paper.