Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Me Myself

I Me Myself.

I am not what I was.
I was a care-free,
Happy-go-lucky,
Superbly energetic extrovert,
Waiting eagerly, the next day to see.
Today I am a cynical,
Energy-less,
Introvert,
Closed to everything around me.
I hated solitude, loathing to be alone.
Today I seek solace in it, running away from the drone.
I could mingle with any tom-dick-harry,
Genuinely because I wanted to.
Today I close myself to people around me,
Not wanting to talk, not interested in extra burden to carry.
I used to let everyone close.
Today not many cross the barriers that arose.
I am myself
Only sometimes.
And I don’t know why
I have become like this.
My old self doesn’t like my new self.
Really wondering many a time.
But you know what?
My new self doesn’t care about that.
“Get over it.” She tells me, “I have done no crime.”
I haven’t backed off from any challenges.
Yet.
I won’t in the future either.
But my way of looking at things,
My behavior,
My attitude,
Everything has changed.
The famous spark of my eyes has died,
Flaming very rarely, if ever.
I wait for the day, oh so feverishly
When I will be me again.

Until next time…

8 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hmmm...
everyone goes through that kinda phase...
been there done that and lemme tell you, its only a matter of time that you are back to your old self, much stronger and much wiser...
everybody needs this phase and i emphasize NEEDS...
dont worry, its all for the best...
and you are really very sweet and very extrovertish still...
well, in your words...
"until next time..."

Abhishek Nayak said...

Aap toh aise na the....I can never imagine you to be that way.. that skews the entire image of you....

Stay beautiful.....

cute n confused said...

biks->i used to be 10 times wht i am now! can u imagine!! ;)
dam->looks like side effects of friends going off to the states!! ;)

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehehe...
my god!!!
well in that case i suppose i should be thankful right!!!

Meenakshi Rehani said...

i like the way you sign off most posts..

cute n confused said...

biks->no re i used to be too good fun!maybe someday u'll get to see tht side(if ur lucky)!
fangs(can i call u rohan? fangs brings to mind tht 3 headed dog frm harry potter!)->thnks for the compliment!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

ahhh... awaiting the day i can find someone interesting in this city.

and please call him rohan, fangs is just too flattering a term for him... an insult to the mild mannered critter from the book!!!

hehehe...

Meenakshi Rehani said...

yeah, call me rohan.
no issues at all.

biks - you're just jealous cos the best nickname you got was bikini!

muhahahahha!!!!!