Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I Speak my Mind And Do As I Please

Because i dont give a rats ass so as to whether people think i am a "subservient suck-up" sucking up to profs for marks.
Because i know myself, I know that i DONT do it, no matter what people think.
If i like a person, and if he/ she happens to be a prof or if i respect teachers or if i like to answer in class or if i get the highest marks - it's not my fault. I talk to them because i like doing it. Not because i get more marks by doing it. You dont get the highest marks by "sucking up"
You get marks by studying, attending regularly, maybe even mugging. Prof's are not that dumb so as not to see through someone's sucking up act if they are doing one. Marks are not alloted for how nice you were to the prof or how sweet you were. they are alloted for the stuff wrtitten in your answer paper, the content up on ur slide during a presentation, and the depth of the knowledge you have about it. Somehow' profs have a way of knowing who has worked hard and who hasnt worked at all.
You dont get marks because if u attend the prof likes you, or if u dont attend u'll get rusticated - but because if u attend u will learn all that the prof has to teach:which is my main aim for being here. Unfortunately my dad daoesnt have all the money in the world to ssquander off 5 lakhs and have me behave in such a manner. This is where my self respect lies. When my father looks at me, he doesnt regret anything and i mean anything about me. My self respect lies in my father's pride. Definitely not in letting him down - bothering him for things that I am capable of getting myself, or should be.
My career doesnt depend on my sucking up skills. It depends on my capability.
I'm not talking arrogance here. I am saying that somethings are more imoprtant than a smile (huge or otherwise) on your face. Like a smile on your parents face. Like realising your responsibilities in life, and rising to fulfill them. Like letting go of your much coveted carefree-ness so that someone else can be carefree. And anyways, the smile that fulfilling your responsibilities brings to your face outlives the one brought about by carefree-ness by eons.
In short, I am what i am , on your face.I dont be nice to people on their face to get something from them and then say horrible things about them behind their back.
Until next time...

3 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

ummmm...
wont say anything to this...

Xorkes said...

its good that u r what u r dude.. ;)

Subodh said...

I would have categorised this as random musings, but girl....chillax....12 months and the cat will be out of the bag, it will seperate the girls from the B*T*Hes and the men from the boys. So relax I say.....and enjoy maadi...