Thursday, December 04, 2008

DдsVIDдйIYд

The best goodbye ever.

Very few people are lucky (or are they?) enough to know that they are going to die – and that they should now live life as they always wanted to. Now Death and I, we've never really gotten along. I have major issues with dying. Not as much as me dying, as my near n dear ones. But this movie got me thinking – what would be my 10 things to do before I die? Because, issues or no issues, I have to die one day, right? The sooner I accept it, the better it is for the people around me (kiki, for example- who thinks I have gone mad because all I can think of nowadays is this and wishes real bad that I'd stop bugging her with questions regarding it). Have you ever thought about it? If suddenly you were told that you had say two-maybe-three odd months to live and then – puff! It was over. Your chance at life had come and gone. In that situation, what would you do? What are the things that you absolutely must do before you die? For we live only once, right?

You know, my SRK said –

"hason, jiyo, muskaraon… kya pata kal ho na ho… "

As much as it pains me to point out that he was wrong, I still do. Because I know, kal nahin hai. There is always a tomorrow, one that never comes. So instead of laughing, smiling and in general being merry today because I don't know if there will be a tomorrow, I think that we should smile, laugh and in general be merry today because we know that there never will be a tomorrow. Every day we have a today, and that is what we should live. Each day, for its own. As for me, I'm alive today, my near n dear ones are alive today and that's all that should matter to me. Instead of wasting today, moping about what may happen tomorrow I have to learn to enjoy today. I have to get over my fear so that I can enjoy whatever precious few (according to me) moments I have been allotted.

As for my 10-things-to-do-before-dying list? Well, I'm seriously thinking about it. Its work-i-progress. I will make a list, and maybe even out it up here.

Maybe you should think about it too.

Until next time…

6 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hah! bikram wisodm time!!!
"Whoever said we live only once must've been drinking,
We live every day and it's not wishful thinking!!!"

cute n confused said...

ah!
touche, biks...
:)
agreed..

Chronicler said...

but sometimes even braving the smile today can be a herculean task...

cute n confused said...

i so completely agree! but then, that is a choice we have... for whtever it is that is causing us pain will still be thr whether we smile or not. so why not smile and make life a little better for ourselves!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

lehar, here's where i disagree!
we dont gather strength from smiling, we gather strength from letting our tears flow!
it's all within the gamut of human emotions!
each one is essential!
sometimes you have to cry to be able to smile!
fake smiles arent really good, it's the honesty in the smile that matters!

cute n confused said...

tht's another perspective..a nice too. i wasnt talkin abt fake smiles though. i was talkin abt a genuine smile. you know, face-ur-problems-with-a-bold-smile-types.
cryin really doesnt get u anywhere - except the emotional release; and i completely agree tht sometimes it is absolutely imperative to get one (emotional release).
but after tht, dont sulk coz ur in shit. face te shit with a smile. thts wht i meant...
: )