Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Table, a bottle of Toner & some Tea…

There is this fundamental question that has raised its head in my life. How much is too much?

How much do you adjust/ compromise/ change yourself for the convenience of others? Any relationship requires compromise, I agree. But I also agree that every person has a right to be themselves too. What I mean is that how far does "I'm like this only, take it or leave it." Go. How far should you let it go? If the other person can have the balls/ guts to say this, why can't you. Well, you can. But I don't. Not that I don't have the balls/courage. But I don't want to. It will cause an unnecessary fight, and the worst thing is that it's not one person. It's a bunch of them. And I really can't afford to fight with a bunch of people in my life. Do they expect all people to accommodate them like that? Or is just me. Why do I let them push me? Why do they not get pushed when I try? Is it worth fighting for? Why can't someone (anyone!) do something simply because I want it? Why is that I always have to deal with their "them-ness" but they can't deal with my "my-ness"?

I'm sorry; did I say one fundamental question?

I know the title has nothing to do with the content; but the content has everything to do with the title.

Until next time…


 

10 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehe...yeah you did say one fundamental question!
and relationships aren't about individualism...you should know that by now! you have to be someone different in a relationship...perhaps the reason i continue being an individual!!!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

or at least that's what i'd like to console myself with!
:P

cute n confused said...

okay, i take ur point:relationships r not abt being individualistic. but arent they also abt being urself? and BTW the subject matter here is my sister, and not a better-half-types so...in general..in any relation do not both parties have a right to well,umm,dance on each others head? how come here only she gets to do it but eerytime i even try, i get well, umm, thrown off!

The Devil said...

ur not the only one who gets pushed around...there are others too...infact everyone gets pushed around!

cute n confused said...

fancy tht, coming frm the world's biggest push-over! :P
(yes, u)

The Devil said...

i am not the worlds biggest pushover!!! if i was i wudnt be pushed over by u to buy lindor!!! :P

cute n confused said...

u were so not pushed over by me, u bought it bcoz u wanted to buy it for me. :P
u r not a puchover, u r the world's biggest pushover! :P

Haresh said...

Well, it's upto you. You can't tolerate a 'relationship' (I guess I can call it a 'relationship' what you've with 'them') Of course, all have to adjust, quite a lot. But, it can't be a the cost of your being yourself. It definitely can't be no matter how many of 'tmem' are there. 'Their' taking you (or for that matter, anyone) for granted can't be justified only because they're in majority.

The reason I'm so enthu in commenting here is that I'm in a similar situation now too.

cute n confused said...

yeah, true..u cant adjust at the cost of being urself...i did tht too..put my foot down, with all of them! :D
and boy, it worked!

Haresh said...

That's a good news :D