Saturday, January 31, 2009

Attention, Change & Concealment

It doesn't bother me when a considerably new friend stops giving me bhav. But it does bother me when someone I have known for years suddenly realizes that it has been years and hence stops taking me seriously, and not giving me bhav and taking me for granted in general. I don't want to be the centre of the world's attention, but I do want to be someone's centre of attention. But apparently, this concept is too difficult for people to understand.

How much can you change overnight? Enough to shock everyone who knows you into speechlessness? I don't think anyone can change so drastically overnight. It's a gradual process, one that may have been brewing for years but has only just begun burgeoning. Till where it will go, will end on a high or a low, only time will tell.

When someone starts acting differently from what has been their standard behavior, it makes me wonder whether this new them is the real them or the old them was the real them. If the new them is the real them, why did they conceal it or so long (and how!). And if the old them was the real them, then why are they acting so bloody different!

I really don't like change, don't I?

Until next time…


 

5 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

nobody likes change dear, no matter what they say about it!
feel free to disagree with the changes, that is the only way you will come to terms with them in a healthy way!

Psy said...

hmmmmmmm...

The Devil said...

change is a bitch di but sadly its all part of life.

p.s: now b happy that i commented.

cute n confused said...

biki-> i dont knw how to disagree with change in a healthy way..i knw how to either ignore it, or resisit it! teach me? i really need a nice way to deal with change, considering the arte @ which things in my life change!
psy-> :)
kiki->finally!!!! :D
yaay...see, now this is 1 change tht i like! keep it up!

MJ Singh said...

Being loved and pampered by the people close to you is not an unjust demand, though at the same time there are few people who get that in life.

How much can one change overnight? - depends on several factors. Change is not always gradual.

And if you are shocked - you never knew the person well enough. Every single one of us feels that he/she 'knows' the people whom they know well, the fact is there are very few people who do...

Old and New - there is nothing like that when it comes to people, but that is if you are looking at the core of the person. On the surface changes are frequent. The frequency varies.