Thursday, January 15, 2009

Prancing Pigeons & Lost Opportunities

Another day, another story.

Of prancing pigeons and lost opportunities.

There are other better things in the world, I'm being told. Repeatedly. So I guess there must be, and I'm going to vie for them. Let the ones gone not matter anymore, as mattering won't change anything really. It is disappointing, and I would be a big liar if I said that it weren't. But hey, disappointment can be channeled into motivation and I'm going to try to do that. Something better does await me, and find it I am going to. And you - yes you - reading this – don't feel bad for me. I will do better than this, I know it and you should too.

Courting pigeons can be a funny sight, and got a laugh out of me even when I was at my lowest. Outside the window of the first floor of the Westside CafĂ© at Kala Ghoda there is a parapet, and on it were 2 pigeons. The male was following the female for quite some time irritating her to the core. And when she finally showed interest by fluffing herself up completely he had second thoughts (men, I tell you – all the same in any species!) and started acting pricey. It was a funny sight, watching a fully fluffed up pigeon running after another pigeon that was chasing it just minutes ago!

Until next time…

2 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

well, what do you expect?
pehle bhaav khaane ka aur phir about turn marne ka! how the heck are we not supposed to be confused?

cute n confused said...

lol! come on biks - thats the fun of it! its the trill of the kill, the sense of achievement that u guys like, and we girls being absolute darlings give it to u!
:D